Apply for prior approval of company
Your company, educational institution, NGO or other organisation can be given prior approval to host foreign visitors who require a visa. A prior approval makes it easier and more flexible to host foreign nationals who require a visa.
Companies, educational institutions, NGOs and other organisations can be given prior approval to host foreign visitors who require a visa.
Prior approval can be granted if:
- The organisation is registered in Denmark, or registered abroad and has a department, branch office or the like in Denmark;
- The organisation needs to do business with or host visitors from abroad on a regular basis as part of its normal operations; and
- The organisation appoints an individual Danish authorities can contact in order to confirm details about the visit and request more information about the reasons for the visit, etc
If the organisation does not have prior approval, it may still be possible to obtain a visa in accordance with the regular rules for issuing business and cultural visas.
The online application form is available in Danish only.
You must have a NemID employee certificate in order to submit an online application for prior approval.
Steps in the online application
- Log on to the online application form using your NemID employee certificate.
- State information about your company/organisation
- State name and phone number of the company's/organisation's contact person
- State information about the company's/organisation's commerce/cooperative relations abroad
- Submit the online application
The Immigration Service will normally process applications for prior approval within approx. 30 days of receiving a fully completed application.
Once the Immigration Service receives the application, it will check if your company/organisation etc. meets the requirements for a prior approval.
The Immigration Service will then contact your company/organisation etc. for a confirmation of the application.
Prior approval can be granted for a period of 3 or 5 years, depending on how stable the organisation is and its experience with hosting foreign visitors who require a visa to stay in Denmark.
Organisations that have been granted prior approval find it easier and more flexible to host foreign nationals who require a visa, since the application process is usually accommodated without the need to involve the Immigration Service.
Foreign nationals who apply for a visa to visit an organisation that has received prior approval benefit from the advantages associated with the Red Carpet Program which is managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This includes:
- Faster processing times
- A flexible application procedure
- Easier access to long-term, multiple-visit visas
More information about the local Red Carpet Programs are available on the website fasttrackvisa.um.dk of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
When an organisation has been given prior approval and wishes to host a foreign visitor who requires a visa, the organisation must submit an online invitation.
The applicant must still apply for visa to business or cultural visit.
The Immigration Service, embassies and consulates carry out regular random checks of the visas issued to organisations that have received prior approval.
Prior approval can be cancelled if the information provided in the application for prior approval is intentionally incorrect or otherwise fraudulently obtained.
Prior approval can also be cancelled if the organisation no longer qualifies.
Approval can also be cancelled if the terms of a visa are violated. Such would be the case if an organisation had repeated instances of foreign nationals it was hosting misusing their visas. Misuse includes applying for asylum in Denmark while holding a visa from a pre-approved organisation or otherwise acting in a way that could result in the organisation being temporarily barred from hosting foreign visitors. Read more about misuse of visa